Who Should Apply?
Practicing engineers and recent Bachelor of Science in engineering graduates are qualified to apply. The curriculum advances both the science and engineering of data analytics with the completion of three graduate level courses with the certificate. The participants will gain a solid, diverse knowledge base in data analytics as well as an understanding of industry best practices through these graduate courses. The courses are part of a graduate engineering program and are taught at the graduate level in-person and online. To obtain the graduate certificate, a student must complete 3 courses and maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- A four-year bachelor's degree in engineering or engineering related field is required.
The Data Analytics Certificate program is not intended for F-1 Visa Holders for Spring admissions.
However, F-1 Visa Holders are eligible for Fall admissions to the Data Analytics Certificate program.
- The GRE exam is waived for Data Analytics Certificate applicants.
- Guide to Engineering Data Science
- Reduced Order Physics Based Modeling
- Data Analytics and the Industrial Internet of Things
- Real-Time Data Processing
- System Identification
- Machine Learning
- An online application must be completed with an ApplyWeb Application
- Application Fee (cannot be waived)
- Domestic Fee: $25.00
- International Fee: $75.00
1 official transcript should be mailed to one of the following addresses below:
Regular Mail: University of Houston Express Mail: University of Houston
Graduate Admissions Graduate Admissions
P.O. Box 3947 4302 University Dr., Rm 102
Houston, TX 77253-3947 Houston, TX 77204-2012
- 1 unofficial transcript uploaded with ApplyWeb Application
- TOEFL or IELTS exam for applicants who did not graduate from an approved native English-speaking country (University code is 6870)
- For further information on how to apply, please review the following website: How to Apply
- For further information concerning international applications, please review the following website: International Applicants
- Fall Semester - February 15
- Spring Semester - October 15
- Certificate Only Option. The Data Analytics Certificate is a graduate level, non-degree option certificate.
- Each Subsea Engineering course has an associated graduate student fee. Please contact the Academic Advisor for details.
English Language Requirement
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) www.toefl.org The minimum TOEFL score required is 79 for the internet-based test, with a minimum writing score of 20. The minimum TOEFL score for the paper-based exam is 550, with a minimum writing score of 58. TOEFL scores must be received directly from Educational Testing Service (ETS). The University of Houston's ETS Institutional Code is 6870.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing Service) www.ielts.org The minimum IELTS score required is an overall score of a 6.5, with a minimum writing score of 6.5. The testing agency should mail the official results directly to the University of Houston. That address is as follows:
University of Houston
4302 University Dr., Rm. 102
Houston, TX 77204-2012